Bally Sports is looking for a collaborative, curious/inquisitive individual seeking an opportunity to impact many areas of our business. The Sr. Research Analyst, Digital & Cross Platform Research, will work with all aspects of national and local audience behavior across our website, streaming app, and linear TV. We have a growing digital and marketing technology infrastructure and are looking for someone with a love of TV, technology, and data.
For the 16+ Bally Sports regional networks, the Sr. Research Analyst is responsible for providing qualitative and quantitative research to many departments: Ad Sales, Marketing, Programming, Product & Development, Finance, Social, Distribution, PR, and our parent company, Sinclair Corporate. As part of our research team, you will assist with Ad Sales to uncover insights about our viewers, streamers, and fans; collaborate with the Product team in understanding how changes impact the customer experience; and partner with Marketing and Finance teams to reach new fans in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
The Sr. Research Analyst will be responsible for:
• Utilizing Google Analytics for Bally Sports website & streaming app reporting and analyses
• Utilizing syndicated and custom research to effectively position the value proposition of our regional sports networks for advertisers
• Analyzing newly implemented app product features and their impact on customers including our direct-to-consumer offerings
• Collaborating with our Product, Dev, Data, and MarTech teams as we build & implement a best-in-class analytics infrastructure
• Translating behavioral data into digestible & actionable narratives
• Providing insights on overall sports media trends and their impact on our sports networks
• Building strong relationships with internal/external teams to become a trusted and valued source of information
• Creating both top-line and in-depth presentations covering our 3 major professional sports leagues and 45 teams
• Creating and maintaining key weekly, monthly and special reports & dashboards
• Assisting content creators with UTM tracking & organization
• Reporting & analyzing linear TV viewership metrics
The candidate will have strong time management, organizational and project management skills. Ability to balance a strong attention to detail while also maintaining a focus on the high level, strategic relevance of the recommendations being made. Meticulously organized, comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Can explain statistical or technical concepts in a clear, easy to understand way. Must be able to work with internal partners across functional areas, including both our local/regional networks and our corporate leadership. This position reports to the Director of Research.
• Required proficiency in Google Analytics 360: intermediate level or above with minimum 2-3 years of experience
• 1-2 years of hands-on experience with Google Tag Manager and managing UTM tracking
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel & PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new data sets easily
• 1-2 years of experience with data visualization apps such as Data Studio or Tableau
• Strong math and statistics skills
• Bachelor's Degree or related experience required
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• The team is based in Los Angeles, but there is potential for this position to be based remotely
Preferred (not required) skills:
• SQL or other relational database knowledge
• Prior experience with some of the following: Sprout Social, LiveRamp, AppsFlyer, Branch, Firebase, MixPanel, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram advertising, DV360, The Trade Desk, AdWords, or other similar programmatic, data & mar tech providers
• Passion for sports
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n8ym-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.