- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Bally Sports Arizona is seeking a Financial Analyst! The position is responsible for supporting the Finance Team in the monthly, quarterly, annual budgeting, long range plan consolidation and reporting. Key objectives will be the consolidation, reconciliation and submission of monthly financial results, along with analysis versus budget, forecast, and prior year. Other key areas of concentration include providing accounting support for the various corporate companies and other ad hoc financial analyses. The individual must be detail oriented, organized, focused, and possess strong analytical and technical skills.
• Analyze and explain actual versus budget and/or forecast variances for financial and operational information
• Create and distribute monthly departmental reports to track performance against budget
• Assist with creating and updating forecasts, budget, and long range plan
• Partner with centralized corporate accounting during month end close to ensure timely and accurate financial results. Includes analyzing actual results and identifying accruals needed.
• Generation and submission of month-end journal entries
• Account reconciliations
• Recording of check receipts & wires
• Aging management, follow-ups, and collection inquiries
• Review monthly general ledger to ensure correct allocations/coding of expenses
• Special projects and ad hoc analyses as required by management
• Assist in internal and external financial audits
• Prepare various special analyses, including event production analysis and tracking
• Coordinate with other teams to ensure smooth process flow and accurate reporting
• Other duties as assigned and requested
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• At least 3 years of experience in a general accounting or financial analysis role required
• Must possess strong general ledger accounting skills
• Position requires effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong mathematical, technical, and analytical skills required
• Proficiency with accounting principles, Microsoft Office applications (Excel in particular), general ledgers and accounts payable systems
• Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, under minimal supervision, and ability to work overtime as required/needed
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with Oracle, TM1 is a plus
• Wide Orbit software skills a plus, but not necessary
• Previous experience in broadcast/communications industry accounting/finance is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k5zz-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.