- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Bally Sports Midwest is seeking a Finance Manager. The Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned Regional Sports Network is home to more than 500+ live, local events per year, including the St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Blues, Kansas City Royals, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Sporting KC, college basketball and Indiana High School Athletic Association.
This position is responsible for the monthly closing and reporting, periodic forecasting, and annual budgeting processes. Such responsibilities include: working with various departments to incorporate financial information, facilitating the monthly general ledger closing process, analyzing and interpreting trends/variances, presenting findings to management, and special projects requested by departmental and executive management.
• Responsible for all financial transactions recorded in the general ledger system along with preparing month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, cash-flow, and other monthly and quarterly schedules as needed
• Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed production and event spreadsheets, and reconciling differences to budget and forecast
• By working with various departments, assisting in the development of the strategic plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts
• Reviewing and Coding Invoices
• Special projects requested by departmental and executive management
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting required
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in the finance area is necessary
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Strong Excel skills are required
• Ability to learn/know/use Oracle, TM1 and other financial applications is required
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• MBA preferred
• Previous experience in media, cable advertising sales, traffic and the sports broadcasting environment is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, including the ability to present financial information clearly to senior management
• Ability to work independently and be resourceful
• Proven analytical skills are necessary
• Advanced math, excel and analytical skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!