Bally Sports' mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about. We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the mobile application development of our flagship product on iOS and Android. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering
• Manage distributed team of mobile native software engineers
• Expand the team by recruiting and onboarding high performing mobile software engineers (iOS & Android), as well as manage resource augmentation with third parties as necessary
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with Product Managers, UX/UI, DevOps, Web and Backend to design and develop best in class native mobile applications/experiences
• Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization
• Get your hands dirty in the code as needed
• 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
• 7+ years of hands-on mobile software development (Swift, Kotlin, Java)
• Strong knowledge of iOS and/or Android ecosystems, architecture, languages (Swift, Kotlin), tools
• Experience with modern native mobile development tools and systems
• Strong technical experience working with video streaming, subscription systems and platform integrations a plus
• Passion for sports
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation's leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn54e3-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.