The Bally Sports Regional Networks serving the southeast (collectively, Bally Sports South & Southeast) are the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, United and Dream; the Nashville Predators, Memphis Grizzlies, Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Hurricanes and ACC.
Bally Sports South is seeking an Associate Producer to join their Atlanta, GA based production department. This Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in the production of original content feature stories and packages, shows, elements to support live game telecasts, and digital content. The Associate Producer works in tandem with live event and original content producers. This position also requires assisting in the organization and development of production features, including shooting, writing, and editing features and other elements.
Duties include pitching, creating, editing, and developing features and elements associated with live pre-game, post-game, specials and/or social media. The Associate Producer will also edit original content projects, utilizing Avid and/or Adobe Premiere software. This includes emphasizing strong storytelling and maintaining a creative and cutting-edge presentation throughout projects. This role is based in Atlanta, Georgia. The Associate Producer will proactively interface with the production staff of the Bally Sports South and Bally Sports Southeast regional sports networks for resources and support. The position will report to the Production Manager, Original Content.
• The Associate Producer must pitch, develop, create, and edit original content features and elements for live game telecasts, pre/postgame shows, and digital platforms.
• Assist in field producing interviews and feature shoots, ensuring creative and best in class presentation and production standards.
• Shoot video and interviews for original content elements, as needed.
• Provide support to live studio productions when needed, as editor of video packages for live programs.
• Participate in meetings and conference calls related to the above duties.
• Communicate regularly with Production Manager, Original Content to recognize best practices, report concerns, and for creative/editorial input.
• Good organizational and project management skills are necessary. A strong work ethic and attitude are a must.
• The ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential. A demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision in a high-pressure environment is also needed.
• Must have hands-on knowledge of Avid or Adobe Premiere editing software. Hands-on experience with After Effects software and plugins is a plus.
Operational knowledge of camera equipment is also a plus.
• This position works in a professional office setting, and on studio and remote production locations. Some travel is required. The ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, is necessary.
• Knowledge of studio and remote production and technical equipment is a plus.
• Knowledge of and passion for NBA basketball, NHL hockey & Major League Baseball is required.
• Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team are also necessary. Good organizational, time management, and communication skills are also required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is needed.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkem68-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.