Bally Sports is seeking dynamic production professional with a passion for live sports and television to join the network in their Atlanta offices as Associate Director, On-Air Promotions. This candidate will possess a well-rounded background in multitasking as both a highly-creative producer of promotional campaigns and a seasoned manager who can lead a team in the creation of on-air promotional strategies for the network.
This role is responsible for ideation, production, and placement of high-quality network promotional campaigns for the Bally Sports networks collectively reaching seven states across the Southeast – Bally Sports South and Bally Sports Southeast. Combined, the networks produce 750+ live events while televising nearly 2600+ live events and studio shows annually.
The promotional spots will primarily support viewership of live sporting events across the networks, including the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Dream, Atlanta United, Memphis Grizzlies, Nashville Predators, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Hornets, and the ACC. Additional content includes promotion of the Bally Sports app, gamification initiatives, analysis shows/shoulder programming, original content, social media platforms, etc.
In addition to the department head, this position will interface regularly with production and ad sales teams, as well as external team partners in order to manage responsibilities. To assist in accomplishing these objectives, the position has a staff of 5 direct reports:
With a staff of three preditors, the associate director will deliver a clear vision and production strategy for on-air promotions to drive tune-in and ratings across the networks. S/he will assign projects and manage the process to ensure that spots are delivered in a timely manner to maximize network promo inventory. In addition to oversight, s/he will also produce and deliver projects alongside the team.
With a staff two traffic associates, the associate director will oversee the planning, commissioning, and placement of the on-air promotional spots and in-game ''live reads'' within game telecasts, in addition to oversight of placement of national spots as directed by Bally Sports.
• Ideation/Strategy: Works closely with department head and graphic design lead to set the creative compass for the brand, as driven by the overall Bally Sports mission and positioning. Delivers high-level innovative thinking and long-term planning to deliver promotional campaigns to serve the programming priorities of the networks.
• Production: Leads all aspects of production in the development of high-quality, creative on-air promotional campaigns (spots, drops/elevators, etc.), including the oversight, facilitation and staffing of production shoots (both in-studio and remote) while managing project timelines.
• Placement: Oversees the promotional scheduling process for on-air ''logs'' according to regional and national priorities. Leads tune-in strategy for each team partner per network and per season. Works closely with direct reports to manage the commissioning process to ensure all open time is filled and inventory is maximized.
• Administration: Assigns and manages projects, maintains administrative tasks for the team, to include duties around footage clearances, music rights and usage, HR tasks tied to direct reports, routine departmental summaries, etc.
• A link to the candidate's reel showcasing production, writing, and editing skills must be included on your resume prior to submission.
• A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting or a related field, or equivalent, is required; knowledge and/or experience in a live news, sports, and/or agency environment is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years network and/or cable on-air promotions experience or television production experience is required. Furthermore, qualified candidates must possess relevant and varied experience as a skilled producer, writer, and editor. Previous supervisory experience, specifically management of broadcast producers, is strongly preferred.
• The candidate must possess level-headed experience in managing creative people and directing the creative process, processing feedback and making the adjustments as needed, all while still meeting tight deadlines. S/he must also have reasonable graphics sensibilities to collaborate with the design team as it relates to the production of promotional spots.
• The ability to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities under pressure in a non-9-to-5, fast-paced live sports environment is required.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills are required, and in particular the ability to communicate around multiple creative projects in a time-sensitive manner.
• Strong attention to detail and solid organizational and project management skills are mandatory.
• A general understanding of the traffic process is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of the following (or comparable) equipment and software applications is strongly preferred:
• Microsoft Office
• AVID Media Composer or similar (e.g., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere)
• Wide Orbit
• Adobe After Effects
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67wj0-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.