Known for our outstanding voices across the US, Audacy is the premier provider of local, spoken word, and premium audio content. For technical talent, we have created a team that leverages new toolsets, develops collaboratively with business stakeholders, and is pushing the boundaries of audio every day. We are looking for an innovative, passionate and results driven Solution Architect to join our rapidly growing engineering team to help us build the future of radio and audio together.
You listen to Audacy content all of the time…and may not know how much more incredible audio content we offer including: podcasts, news & sports talk radio, and amazing music stations. As a leader in all-things-audio, Audacy is transforming the listening experience through innovation and interactivity–and you may be just the person to join our team to help us do this!
Audacy's Architecture team is looking for an innovative, results-oriented, and highly-collaborative Solution Architect to lead the design and prototyping of new features. The Solution Architect will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of core technologies that are critical to our success as well as for mentoring developers.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is passionate about creating effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products, and backend services that are capable of evolving rapidly. We are looking for someone with experience in AWS, Kafka, API Gateways, Kubernetes, and Node.
The Technology Team at Audacy is an organization that has leaned-in to hybrid work, having leaders and team members across the country.
Our technical centers of excellence are in some of the best cities to live in (Denver, Philadelphia, and Chicago) and we pride ourselves in building amazing products, participating in local service with Audacy, and keeping our culture at the heart of our employee experience.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies and design new features. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
If you love audio and building incredible software, then we are the place for you.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
• Assist with vendor evaluation, comparative analysis, and management
• Lead architecting, prototyping, and assist with implementing features
• Design packages, services, and frameworks in support of other Audacy development teams
• Support and mentor members of the development teams
• Deliver architectural diagrams and well-thought-out solutions
• Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
• Collaborate with onshore, offshore, and nearshore development teams
• Review work produced by consulting companies
• Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• 10+ years of engineering experience
• Experience implementing Event-Driven architecture
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate without guidance
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives
• Hands-on experience building end-to-end software infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Testing, Logging, Monitoring
• Experience writing NodeJS applications
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
• Familiar with traditional Agile methodologies: such as Scrum and Kanban
• Knowledge of Git
• Experience with Confluent Kafka
• Experience with Kong API
• Streaming media industry experience
The anticipated starting salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $150,000-$165,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. This position can be located remotely or at one of Audacy's
offices in Denver, New York City, Philadelphia,
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
- Assist with vendor evaluation, comparative analysis, and management
- Lead architecting, prototyping, and assist with implementing features
- Design packages, services, and frameworks in support of other Audacy development teams
- Support and mentor members of the development teams
- Deliver architectural diagrams and well-thought-out solutions
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- Collaborate with onshore, offshore, and nearshore development teams
- Review work produced by consulting companies
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bjvq-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.