Known for our outstanding voices across the US, Audacy is the premier provider of local, spoken word, and premium audio content. For technical talent, we have created a team that leverages new toolsets, develops collaboratively with business stakeholders, and is pushing the boundaries of audio every day.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and results driven Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team to help us build the future of radio and audio together.
You listen to Audacy content all of the time…and may not know how much more incredible audio content we offer including: podcasts, news & sports talk radio, and amazing music stations. As a leader in all-things-audio, Audacy is transforming the listening experience through innovation and interactivity–and you may be just the person to join our team to help us do this!
The AmperWave team at Audacy provides audio delivery services for both Audacy and a large number of radio groups across the country and beyond. The new SRE team inside AmperWave builds the tools we need to manage and monitor our platform. This group is heavily initiative-based giving you a fast-paced and exciting project load. We build stable products. The SRE team's goal is to keep it stable now and in the future!
The Technology Team at Audacy is an organization that has leaned-in to hybrid work, having leaders and team members across the country.
Our technical centers of excellence are in some of the best cities to live in (Denver and Philadelphia) and we pride ourselves in building amazing products, participating in local service with Audacy, and keeping our culture at the heart of our employee experience.
We are developers and we understand what developers need. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies, and architect new features. Friendly code reviews make us all better and you get to be a part of that by both reviewing
code and having yours reviewed. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too!
If you love audio and building incredible software, then we are the place for you.
What You'll Do:
• Your projects are designed to proactively prevent downtime issues before they ever happen!
• You build metrics and monitoring tools.
• You work with the support team to design features to make their lives better.
• Accept a feature, work on tech spikes to flush out architecture and unknowns, then hit the keyboard. Work with the team to get things done.
• Work with QA to define testing requirements.
• Work with Jira, our bug tracking and project management software.
• Contribute using your awesome verbal and written communication skills.
• Acquire new skills, broaden existing skills, and contribute to others through knowledge sharing and retrospectives – we are better together!
• Assist with architecture and development decisions with the team.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• You have a Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• You are passionate about platform stability!
• You are not afraid of the unknown. You jump in and figure it out.
• You leave the code in a better place than when you started.
• You have strong engineering fundamentals including data structures, OOP, time complexity analysis, and code refactoring/reusability.
• You have a proven history of getting things done.
• You have 2+ years experience using a static typed language.
• You have 2+ years acting as a senior software engineer (preferred).
• You have experience with microservices.
• You have experience with enterprise level software.
• You have experience with the podcasting industry (bonus).
• You have experience in unit testing and/or test-driven development.
The anticipated starting salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $130,000-$150,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. This position can be located remotely or at one of Audacy's
offices in Denver, New York City, Philadelphia,
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Your projects are designed to proactively prevent downtime issues before they ever happen!
- You build metrics and monitoring tools.
- You work with the support team to design features to make their lives better.
- Accept a feature, work on tech spikes to flush out architecture and unknowns, then hit the keyboard. Work with the team to get things done.
- Work with QA to define testing requirements.
- Work with Jira, our bug tracking and project management software.
- Contribute using your awesome verbal and written communication skills.
- Acquire new skills, broaden existing skills, and contribute to others through knowledge sharing and retrospectives – we are better together!
- Assist with architecture and development decisions with the team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bjx5-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.