Audacy is looking for an innovative, results-oriented, passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our Content Services Team. This role will play a key part in building scalable microservices with a focus on event driven architecture. The candidate will contribute to software development including our APIs and back-end services which support our customer-facing platform, including the mobile app, auto integrations, voice devices, and OTT apps.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products and online service. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $120,000-$135,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
• Assist with design and definition of business and system-level services, APIs, and cross-platform user experiences
• Develop APIs and event driven back-end services powering our mobile & OTT apps, as well as APIs consumed by third-party developers
• Help provide an accurate timeline and scoping estimations on engineering projects
• Exercise leadership in project architecture & code quality
• Follow coding best practices and provide feedback on pull-requests
• Mentor junior engineers
• Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
More About You:
• 5-8 years of experience writing high availability enterprise ready applications.
• Extensive, well-rounded background in a diverse set of messaging middleware solutions with in-depth understanding of architectures of such solutions. Examples: Kafka, RabbitMQ, IBM, OSB Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations.
• Deep understanding of different messaging paradigms (pub/sub, queuing), as well as delivery models, quality-of-service, and fault-tolerance architectures.
• Familiar with traditional Agile methodologies: such as Scrum and Kanbana.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work across environments and juggle many large initiatives with tight timelines.
• 3+ years - track record with Kafka technology, with hands-on production experience.
• Working knowledge of APM vendors.
• Experience with NodeJS or TypeScript.
• Experience with Kotlin.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
- Assist with design and definition of business and system-level services, APIs, and cross-platform user experiences
- Develop APIs and event driven back-end services powering our mobile & OTT apps, as well as APIs consumed by third-party developers
- Help provide an accurate timeline and scoping estimations on engineering projects
- Exercise leadership in project architecture & code quality
- Follow coding best practices and provide feedback on pull-requests
- Mentor junior engineers
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34vb5-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.