Are you a Bay Area sports news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content?
Audacy Sports is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Senior Digital Content Producer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful writer who has a way with words and the ability to ignite conversations in everything from traditional sports to the intersection of sports and culture. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual local fans will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and multiple content management systems don't scare you.
You are passionate about sports news and driven to build traffic and audience with unique content marketing. You have a proven track record of growing digital audiences and engagement on websites and social platforms. You are on top of all of the latest local sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories, and are constantly looking for engaging content that is a fit for the Audacy and 95.7 The Game (KGMZ-FM) brands.
What You'll Do:
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news) -- extensive knowledge of the local Bay Area sports and sports-culture landscape required
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics, Dataminr, Chartbeat and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences, including partner sites
• Use editorial sense through content and social to convert readers to digital listeners
• Strong communication with local show producers to identify show highlights, big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning local news as opposed to being scooped.
• Work closely with Brand Manager as primary contact on local sports interviews and opportunities
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Help Managing Editor with critical duties such as building communication bridges across the local station network, establishing and sticking to brand/voice, and innovating new content ideas
• Work with Ad Sales team on occasion on creation of content for sponsorship packages
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of 1 year people-managing)
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all local sports content, ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, and baseball
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
Audacy's digital platform is where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. Audacy offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles. Audacy is, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the US About Us: Audacy, Inc (NYSE: AUD) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's two largest radio broadcasters, Audacy offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Audacy is the #1 creator of live, original, premium audio content and the nation's unrivaled lead
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
- Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
- Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news) -- extensive knowledge of the local Bay Area sports and sports-culture landscape required
- Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting sta
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1w42-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.