Full Time Job
IT / Broadcast Technician
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
This is a rare full-time engineering position at Audacy Norfolk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving technical equipment.
• Set-up and maintenance of broadcast remote equipment.
• Light production work at on-air remotes; running of board at broadcasts.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Four-year college or technical school and/or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience preferred
• Knowledge of FCC Rulers & Regulations
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including SAS, Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable
• SBE Certification is preferred
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
• Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple-project environment
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Personal vehicle is required for twenty-four hour response to emergencies
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical
• IT networking skills
• Desktop computer support
• Server installations and maintenance
• Radio automation playback systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vy65-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.