Audacy Inc. is seeking a Director of Programming Insights to join our growing Data and Analytics team and support our National, Format and Local programming leadership team. This role dual reports to the EVP, Programming in New York, NY and the VP, Data and Analytics in Philadelphia, PA and will have a direct impact on our content strategy and execution.
This role sits at the intersection of art and science. It employs first party and third party quantitative and qualitative data to drive programming strategy and decision making. We are looking for an experienced researcher and analyst who is comfortable making data accessible to users across an organization and developing systems and reporting to drive outcomes.
The role is responsible for providing custom research insights and analytics support to Audacy's broadcast and digital programming teams. The ideal candidate for this role should have 3+ years of experience with generating insights from diverse datasets and custom research and analytics tools, and strong communication skills to translate stakeholder business questions into an analytics plan and then communicate the narrative behind the numbers. This role is for a hands-on analyst who dives into the data, interprets it, and turns it into actionable insights, stories and visualizations. This role will require strong business acumen, an understanding of broadcast research and concepts, and the ability to support analytical needs across the business.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who seeks not just to interpret data and results, but leverages their curiosity to develop new reporting that lends itself to actionable insights.
• Develop a POV via data-driven insights that seeks to understand the complex relationship that listeners have with content.
• Collect, prioritize, and analyze Nielsen data and other consumer tracking sources for daily/weekly reports and ad-hoc requests
• Work with brand & programming teams to provide data and insights through standardized and automated reporting
• Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations
• Monitor brand/content/consumer performance over time to identify and interpret trends
• Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant network reports, analyses and presentations. Ensure research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely
• Collaborate with research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights
• Help provide insight on who the audience is, audience listening behavior, and the evolving and digital landscape
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 5+ years professional experience
• Preferred: background in both content leadership and consumer research/data/insights
• Proficiency with: Nielsen Audio, Triton Webcast Metrics, Domo
• Experienced with audience measurement including consumer demographics and behavior, i.e Nielsen, MRI, etc
• Thorough understanding of media industry topics and trends including content, marketing, advertising, branding, experience, and consumer technology
• Interest in Audio, media, advertising and/ or entertainment industries
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organizational skills
• Analytical thinker
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93x3k-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.