Audacy is looking for an innovative, results-oriented and passionate Director of Engineering to work with our Product, QA & Operations teams to build our user-facing client applications for a multitude of consumer-owned-and-managed devices. The candidate will be responsible for building and mentoring a team of engineers responsible for the Audacy Client application design, development and support.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating and evolving effective, high-quality, scalable products, iterating on both features and stability improvements rapidly, with the end user's enjoyment in mind. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery. The Director's role will be to plan, inspire, organize, resolve roadblocks and serve their teams with sound decision-making, advocacy and capitalizing on growth and learning opportunities for individuals as they continue down their career path.
Hiring Range : $150,000 - $170,000. Also, the salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
• Recruit, coach and mentor multiple teams with a hands-on leadership approach
• Provide technical guidance and domain expertise
• Support timely delivery of applications and features to address business needs
• Build and maintain a positive and productive team culture
• Leverage excellent communication skills to build and solidify connections to other teams and stakeholders throughout project life cycles
• Deliver high-quality maintainable code
• Understand and weigh-in on platform considerations, deprecations, updates and related timelines, especially in regards to developer programs with Apple, Google, and Amazon
• Participate in project scoping, resource planning, tool selection and timeline estimation
• Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
• Dive into the details where necessary
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
• 6+ years of engineering experience
• 5+ years of team leadership experience
• Experience managing local, remote and near/offshore teams
• Experience designing and deploying complex streaming applications on mobile, web, smart TV devices, and voice-powered assistants
• Experience designing and implementing robust multi content type user experiences.
• Understanding of various App Store review processes and timelines
• Understanding of React Native, and Native client development.
• Experience with data & analytics, product analytics, client monitoring
• Experience using data driven analytics to design applications, understanding A/B testing
• Experience with streaming standards such as MPEG2, HLS, AAC, AC-3 is a plus
• Knowledge of Git or other VCS
• Understanding of RESTful API patterns
• Experience with Agile software development principles
• BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
- Recruit, coach and mentor multiple teams with a hands-on leadership approach
- Provide technical guidance and domain expertise
- Support timely delivery of applications and features to address business needs
- Build and maintain a positive and productive team culture
- Leverage excellent communication skills to build and solidify connections to other teams and stakeholders throughout project life cycles
- Deliver high-quality maintainable code
- Understand and weigh-in on platform considerations, deprecations, updates and related timelines, especially in regards to developer programs with Apple, Google, and Amazon
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, tool selection and timeline estimation
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
- Dive into the details where necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xev7-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.