Audacy's 2400Sports is seeking a fresh, charismatic and knowledgeable podcast talent to co-host its new flagship Red Sox podcast launching in Q1 2022.
The show (final title TBD) will break down some of the top storylines, rumors, and subplots happening in and around the team. Additionally, with access to current and former Red Sox personnel the show will look to reach fans with unparalleled affection and vigor.
The new co-host will be paired with an established Red Sox podcast talent - and will be counted on to provide their unique, engaged, and passionate perspective during each show. The co-host will need to work with producers and fellow talent to develop show run-downs, come prepared with original and informed opinions, and help deliver top-level content on a weekly basis.
We are looking for somebody with organization, drive, accountability, un-bridled passion for everything Red Sox, and a desire to have their opinions heard by fellow fans.
This is a contract role that reports to the Executive Producer of 2400Sports.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• Must be 18+
• Must have a borderline scary knowledge and passion for the Red Sox and Boston sports
• A willingness to be coached to develop a unique voice for the podcast
• An avid listener of podcasts
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to prepare, research, and record up to two shows/week
• Solid chemistry with co-host counterpart and producer
• Ability to leverage personal social outlets/following to help promote the show
• Willingness to participate in advertiser ''host-read'' recording sessions on a recurring basis
• Experience in broadcast/podcasting is welcome but not necessary
Please submit a resume, and a LINK to your 2-4 minute video audition (home-shot is completely fine) providing your take on current Red Sox storylines – we want to see your personality, opinions, and Red Sox knowledge shine through.
Your video audition LINK should be at the TOP of your RESUME or in your cover letter. Be sure your LINK directs us to YouTube, Vimeo, or to a Google Drive.
Individuals selected to move forward in the process may be asked for additional live/zoom auditions and chemistry checks with other co-host.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97jm7-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.