Audacy Twin Cities seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Chief Engineer for our 3 radio stations; WCCO-AM, KZJK-FM, and KMNB-FM.
At Audacy Twin Cities, we're looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
If you possess the following skills and experiences, then please contact us to discuss this opportunity.
What You'll Do:
• Oversee local technical staff
• Responsible for all day-to-day and long-term engineering and operations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems.
Required and Preferred:
• Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years broadcast engineering experience
• Hands-on FM, HD and AM transmitter experience
• AM Directional Antenna experience
• Manage activities for a goal of 100% uptime for station On-Air Products
• Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna's, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
• Strong verbal and writing communications skills
• Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
• Experience in project planning, management and execution
• IT & Network knowledge and experience
• Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with Computer based audio storage system, Scott Systems/Google/WOAFR/VoxPro preferred
• Experience with digital audio and audio streaming
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Must have a valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Great to have:
• FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee local technical staff
- Responsible for all day-to-day and long-term engineering and operations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn643-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.