Audacy New York seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Chief Engineer / Director of Technical Operations for our eight local radio stations (both AM and FM), as well as have technical oversight of our national sports radio network, performance space and transmitting facilities at the Empire State Building as well as 50KW AM facilities in the Bronx and New Jersey.
• Plan & develop all aspects of radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks
• Select, install and maintain high-power transmitters and all associated equipment; modify and document all broadcast circuitry
• Purchase studio equipment; maintain mixing consoles and all associated in-studio equipment
• Handle telco problems and service calls; order services. Work with technicians to troubleshoot circuits; cross connect in-house circuits. Keep record of telephone circuits; maintain ISDN and broadcast loops
• Review logs weekly for correct and complete entries and EAS tests and tower lighting requirements
• Generator testing, fueling and supervision of maintenance. UPS testing and supervision of maintenance
• Supervise Broadcast Engineers and Technicians
• Create instructional materials and teach proper use of technical equipment
• Effectively communicate and partner with programming staff as well as outside partners, including New York professional sports teams operations
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
If you possess the following skills and experiences, then please apply for this opportunity:
Minimum seven years broadcast engineering experience
Hands-on FM, HD, AM transmitter experience aa well as both Directional and Non-directional Antenna AM experience
Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna's, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
A knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent work experience
Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
SBE or other relevant Certifications / Licenses is a plus
The candidate must have strong verbal and writing communications skills, as well as strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment. Experience in project planning, management and execution. IT & Network knowledge and experience required as well as experience with digital audio and audio streaming.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o95e-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.