We believe diversity makes us stronger – as a team, a community and a nation. We carry this belief through our hiring practices, the content we create and the culture we build within our team. We are committed to partnerships with organizations that advance equity as well as important social and cultural causes, helping to inform how we serve the needs of our listeners, client partners and communities.
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we are investing in the future leaders of the audio entertainment industry by creating a fellowship program complete with coaching, mentoring and peer support, among other great benefits. We intend to promote diversity within our company and in media and entertainment by recruiting the best-in-class recent college graduates from underrepresented groups and underserved communities within the industry, as well as other persons who can demonstrate the commitment and desire to pursue a career in our industry.
The fellowship program is a one (1) year structured job assignment designed to fast track career development. The program will provide Fellows early career access to resources, support and professional networks that they might not otherwise experience in a typical internship or entry-level position. Our goal is to attract a more diverse, highly engaged, knowledgeable early career workforce where we can help develop your skills, provide hands-on training and resources from experienced and influential leaders within our company, and ultimately prepare you for career advancement opportunities within our team and the industry at large.
Benefits of participating in our fellowship program:
• Competitive entry-level salary with a comprehensive benefits package
• Coaching, mentoring, and peer support to accelerate learning and growth within the industry
• Join a cohort of Fellows with access to career development experiences, real world education and professional networks beyond what is available in a typical internship or entry level position
• Fellows will have job shadowing experiences to see first-hand how a leading audio and entertainment company operates across teams and platforms including on-air, podcasting, digital, sales, marketing, programming, and more
The Broadcast Engineer fellow will have an immersive learning experience being mentored in the technical operations of the broadcast studio environment as well as the broadcast transmitter/antenna site environment. The fellow will learn the infrastructure of audio and RF and the influence of the IP network infrastructure to it. They will be mentored in the installation, design and troubleshooting of broadcast equipment and will also get exposure to the other groups and stakeholders to fully understand the full operation of a radio facility.
What You'll Do:
• Work with a dedicated senior broadcast engineer to learn the roles and responsibilities of a broadcast technician and broadcast IT engineer.
• You'll learn what it takes to Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair various kinds of broadcast facility equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• You'll learn the roles and responsibilities of other teams within the broadcast facility.
• You'll learn how to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Google, (GMail, Doc's Sheets, Slides)
• The ability to multitask in a multiple-project environment.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays.
• Good communication skills
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally climb ladders.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
• Must be a recent graduate of either an undergraduate or relevant advanced degree program; within 2 years of graduation date preferred
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Seeking individuals from underrepresented groups, as well as other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to actively participating in our DEI priorities as we work together to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
• The ideal Fellow is a motivated, fearless, curious, inquisitive, critical thinker, and passionate individual ready to dive in and start pursuing their career in the audio and entertainment industry
• Complete online application with resume
• Submit two out of three letters of recommendation from the following sources: academic, professional, or personal
• Depending on the fellowship, there may be additional application materials required
What You'll Do:
- Work with a dedicated senior broadcast engineer to learn the roles and responsibilities of a broadcast technician and broadcast IT engineer.
- You'll learn what it takes to Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair various kinds of broadcast facility equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
- You'll learn the roles and responsibilities of other teams within the broadcast facility.
- You'll learn how to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re24e7-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.