How would you like to work and play in the Capital of the most powerful State in the Union? WRVA AM-FM in Richmond, Virginia has a rare opening for a part time Board Operator. 2021 and beyond will be unbelievable in news and politics, so come and be a part of a legendary radio station in one of America's coolest cities. We've got great restaurants, breweries and the history in this city is second to none. You are also right in the middle of everything with DC to the north, Virginia Beach to the east and the mountains to the west.
You'll be working with Brand Manager Gregg Henson as well as an experienced Major Market management team and Host as well as an outstanding support staff.
• Run the control board, following station format, arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to program and commercial logs
• Follow all applicable laws and FCC regulations
• May be required to perform light production work
• Other duties required by management
More About You:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires ability to manipulate knobs, levers and push buttons.
• Experience running a sound board
• Experience sound editing
• Experience with Wide Orbit
• Experience working with a radio network
• Dependability and punctuality a must
• Must be able to work varied shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
• 1+ years' experience preferred; adept at digital editing, board operating, recording, network and HTML/Digital web experience.
• High school diploma required; college degree in media-related major preferred.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
- Run the control board, following station format, arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to program and commercial logs
- Follow all applicable laws and FCC regulations
May be required to perform light production work
- Other duties required by management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y960-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.