Are you a sports betting fanatic with expertise in digital content? Do you know how to engage audiences across the country in ways that drive unique visitors and social traffic? Are you skilled at marketing audio and video clips, affiliate redemptions and subscription models across digital editorial content? Do you relish in analytics to constantly improve content and inform strategic decisions? If this sounds like you, we have the perfect opportunity as Audacy is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Managing Editor to build and lead BetQL's sports betting vertical.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter as both a manager and an architect/visionary. You know what it takes to delegate important responsibilities and supervise a team of writers. You can ignite conversations and inform money-making decisions for the rabid sports betting community. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual bettors will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are passionate about innovating in the betting content space (both traditional game/prop bets, moneylines and newer forms such as daily fantasy) to build active audience with unique content marketing. You are on top of all of the latest sports news, and are constantly looking for engaging betting content.
What You'll Do:
• Lead a team of content producers to create, publish and distribute both original and aggregated stories across all Audacy sports platforms (web/app/email//social/OTA), with a primary focus on BetQL
• Oversee the BetQL.co editorial strategy, content, and presentation on platform for engaging users in incremental digital offerings-including podcast, video, and e-commerce opportunities
• Work cross-functionally with the VP of Sports for Audacy and CEO of BetQL to review engagement KPIs-leveraging successful content strategies and CPA opportunities Help to shape direction for sports betting shows/podcasts, including new creations, in collaboration with team leadership
• Commitment to staff and talent development to maximize their skills/assets
• Ensure all daily content production is optimized for search, working with SEO specialist
• Construct top-down vision for digital sports betting content that drives direct CPA conversion plus audience growth and engagement, while supporting marketing and sales needs (as needed)
• Work collaboratively to scale sports betting operation through various teams, not limited to leaders in marketing, sales, product, programming, and editorial
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences and potential media platform partners
• Envision/track content for sales campaigns driving toward KPIs
• Work with VP of Sports for Audacy to vet needs, launch new digital initiatives, and form strategies/opportunities
• Build communication bridges across BetQL Network and the existing local station network. Establish and stay consistent with BetQL editorial voice and tone. Brainstorm growth/partnership opportunities, and lead branded content efforts
• Willing and able to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever needed as a written contributor
More About You:
• A minimum of 5-7 years of digital content management experience (minimum of 2-3 years leading a digital newsroom)
• Significant experience, success and expertise in converting written editorial users to engage in additional offerings per visit is strongly desired (e.g. podcast listens, VOD starts, affiliate offering clicks, subscription sign-ups)
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Experience creating/running a content calendar of all sports betting editorial, ranging from straight news/odds to passionate opinion/advice and topical lists-intended to drive direct CPA conversion
• Must be creative voice and leader for making smart/innovative content that will get users hooked
• Experience building a new vertical, and comfortable with the culture that comes with an enterprising environment. Be prepared to frequently face new challenges and adapt quickly
• Proven track-record in conceptualizing social growth and strategy, including understanding how to drive engagement/CPA conversion through Facebook and Twitter
• Experience and previous relationships syndicating digital content is a bonus
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, and baseball (including CFB/CBB)
• Significant rolodex of connections in the sports media and sports betting worlds to leverage top content
• Strong Microsoft Office and Google Workspace skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, Sprout, Megaphone, Brightcove as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of content producers to create, publish and distribute both original and aggregated stories across all Audacy sports platforms (web/app/email//social/OTA), with a primary focus on BetQL
- Oversee the BetQL.co editorial strategy, content, and presentation on platform for engaging users in incremental digital offerings-including podcast, video, and e-commerce opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with the VP of Sports for Audacy and CEO of BetQL to review engagement KPIs-leveraging successful content strategies and CPA opportunities Help to shape direction for sports betting shows/podcasts, including new creations, in collaboration with team leadership
- Commitment to staff and talent development to maximize their skills/assets
- Ensure all daily content production is optimized for search, working with SEO specialist
- Construct top-down vision for digital sports betting content
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro33v3-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.