ASU 365 Community Union
ASU Gammage is seeking an event professional to assist with managing the security operations for ASU Gammage, which includes monitoring video feeds, checking in and verifying credentials for cast/crew needing backstage access, security equipment set up, and communicating security plan for 10-16 weeks of Broadway shows and 70+ sponsored/rental events each season. This is a full time, hourly position that requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate night, weekend and/or holiday events. This position reports to the Facility Security Manager. The ideal candidate will provide top notch customer service while maintaining all security protocols for the venue.
· Work at the Command Center Desk located at Stagedoor which includes, monitoring cameras, listening intently to radio communications, checking-in, verifying and issuing credentials to show personnel, confirming COVID test results and complete tracking.
· Maintain current and accurate event files, security logs and credential usage/distribution. Create Security Badges using our in-house ID System and the Lenel Card Reader program for ASU’s ISSAC System. Distribute and track staff badges.
· Report daily hours worked by part-time/student staff to accounting office for payment.
· Execute aspects of security operations for ASU Gammage based on plan developed with the security leadership. Plans will include patron safety, show needs and other security services needed for Broadway shows, sponsored and rental productions, receptions, concerts and other public events.
· Monitor part-time/student staff while working shifts, including assisting with hiring, coaching, training, scheduling, and time reporting. Conflicts and corrective actions are escalated to the Event Security Manager.
· Assist with determining staffing needs per event and schedules staff in online system, typically 3 weeks in advance.
· Work with front of house full-time staff to provide consistent customer service throughout a patron’s experience. Assist other full-time staff during emergency situations per guidelines.
· Track security equipment used, maintenance needed and incident reports through Officer Reports.
· Perform safety checks to ensure good working order of all equipment, including but not limited to: walk-thru and hand-held metal detectors and radios.
· Maintain inventory of security supplies and reorder when needed.
· Participate in client site visits, create estimates and attends meetings as needed.
· Conduct training classes as needed on security protocols, equipment procedures, radio etiquette and crowd management.
· Develop a personal code of conduct to help ensure our work environment is welcoming, equitable and supports our department mission and core values along with the ASU Charter.
· Coordinate special projects as assigned and perform other administrative duties as needed.
· Perform other administrative duties as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective security operations and protocols.
· Experience in public relations, customer service, conflict de-escalation, supervision of part-time teams and working in the event security or performing arts industry.
· Knowledge of security and customer service principles and practices with an emphasis on guest safety.
· Skill in communicating effectively across a diverse audience professional and courteously.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to effectively lead a team while also being an individual contributor.
· Ability to drive on university business and possess a valid US driver license upon employment.
· Ability to work flexible hours for events scheduled on evenings and weekends.
· Three years of experience in police or security field; OR
· Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license is required upon employment.
Department Statement/General Information
ASU Cultural Affairs is comprised of three units - ASU Gammage, ASU 365 Community Union and ASU Kerr. Through the mission of Connecting Communities™, ASU Cultural Affairs makes an impact across the Valley of the Sun through the arts, entertainment, education and events.
ASU Gammage has been a top cultural destination in the Valley for more than 50 years. The Frank Lloyd Wright designed performing arts center located on the Tempe campus of Arizona State University is one of the largest university-based presenters of performing arts in the world and top touring market for Broadway. Home to the Desert Financial Broadway Across America - Arizona and Beyond series, the mission of Connecting Communities™ goes beyond the stage and programs and impacts the community through shared experiences in the arts.
ASU Cultural Affairs is committed to providing a welcoming, equitable and respectful environment for all in order to realize our mission of Connecting Communities™ through the arts, entertainment, education and events. Our core values serve as a guide for daring engagement, respectful dialogue and cross-collaboration. Learn more about our commitment and values athttps://www.asugammage.com/about/asu-cultural-affairs-core-values
To learn about ASU Gammage, visit:asugammage.com/about
To learn about the ASU Charter and goals, visit:president.asu.edu/asu-mission-goals
Total compensation at ASU is more than the salary paid for the valuable work performed. You can estimate the approximate value of your overall compensationhere:cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
You also receive the following:
· Comprehensive package of affordable health benefit plans andprograms:cfo.asu.edu/benefits
· Access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates
· Paid holiday, vacation and sick leave
· Matching retirement contributions
· Discounts from a variety of vendors and service providers for personal expenses
Posted salary: $20.00 to $21.50 per hour; DOE
Close Date: September 30, 2022 at 3pm.
How to Apply: Visitcfo.asu.edu/hr-applicant and search the staff positions for 84245BR.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history. ASU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqbbx-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $20.00 to $21.50 Per Hour ($ USD)