The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
The TV Analyst is responsible for assisting the TV Team Leader, along with other team members in TV Distribution, and share in the overall responsibility for ensuring the successful processing of audio-visual programming and crediting of ASCAP members for the performance of their works in audio visual media.
This requires the careful analysis of television performance, promo, and cue sheet data, associating program and promos to performances, verifying the accuracy of the data provided, procuring and uploading missing data, identifying and reconciling discrepancies and participating in quality assurance procedures to ensure accurate payment to ASCAP members.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Identify and match cue sheets to performances
• Request missing or incomplete cue sheets from suppliers
• Upload missing performances to performance database
• Reconcile station count and performance information discrepancies
• Verify cue sheet content
• Assign and create work records for cues
• Control check work records and performances matched by 3rd party vendors
• Integrate music video programming into distribution
• Assist in the timely resolution of member-initiated inquiries
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and internet applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Incorporate something about working remotely
• Strong analytical skills and basic research adeptness
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize
• Skilled at handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Self-starter, independent and self-sufficient
• Ability to work and interact with team members on a remote basis
• Ability to interact with people at all levels of business and management
• Work as a team player
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm953v-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.