Sr. Information Security Analyst (New York)
ASCAP is home to more than 800,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you rather be coding than whiteboarding? If the answer is yes, then you might make a great fit for our team of talented software engineers who work with our business and product teams on high impact projects using emerging technologies and platforms. ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong technical skills. This role's primary focus is on security tools data, configuration, and usability, plus working with management on security strategies and developers/platform engineers/endpoint engineers to design secure systems, networks and applications. He/she will be the point of escalation for Jr.
Security Analysts investigating and responding to security event alerts, manage technical aspects of incident response, work on third party applications/services reviews and the organizations vulnerability management program. This role will also address information security awareness by running monthly phishing campaigns and drafting monthly security awareness memos.
The person in this role will need to prioritize and ensure the timely completion of tasks from the scrum masters and management. They should also be able to shift and adjust priorities based on changing business needs in our dynamic environment, while also remaining task-oriented to ensure completion of work from start to finish with appropriate solutions.
• Configures, manages and uses security systems, security monitoring and alerting applications, and security management tools.
• Researches, evaluates, tests and assists on implementation of new security solutions.
• Works closely with Jr. Security Analysts and security platform engineers to investigate and resolve security related events.
• Works alongside project management to successfully monitor progress and implementation of security initiatives.
• Manages phishing tests and the security awareness program.
• Reviews business partners new vendors products/services for security stature.
• Runs the technical components of the vulnerability management program.
• Participates in the application development process assisting with security specifications and security testing throughout the SDLC.
• Experience supporting security products like Cisco AMP, SecureWorks, Cisco Umbrella, Bitlocker, Qualys, Cloudlock and Checkpoint.
• Minimum 5 years of experience at the senior level working in depth with various versions of Mac/MS/Unix/Linux operating system, networking and security devices and applications.
• Security certification such as CISSP is preferred.
• Cloud security experience with AWS and Salesforce is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Security.
• Experience investigating and resolving security events.
• A keen eye for detail, an analytical thinker and the ability to multitask.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, high stress situations.
• A problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with peers, business partners and management.
What We Love About You:
• You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
• You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
• You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
• You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
• You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
• You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• Very generous time-off policy
• Paid time off for approved volunteer events
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
• Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o4zm-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.