ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture, stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
We are looking for someone passionate about data to help define our data strategies, grow our capabilities, and build our platform team. The person in this role will be focused on developing the foundations for critical data products, including real time business metrics and analytics capabilities. The role requires managing a team vital in supporting and collaborating with groups including Data Analytics/BI/Product, as well as our core backend API team. We are highly focused on giving ownership and responsibility to autonomous teams, using the right tools for the job, and building flexible architectures.
• Provide day-to-day work management, technical guidance, strategic direction, problem resolution, and career path development for the Data Engineering team.
• Continue to evolve the internal Reporting and Analytics platform on top of Snowflake on AWS infrastructure.
• Architect, design and implement scalable ETL and data processing systems to handle the big data ecosystem including data collection, processing, ETL and Data warehouse.
• Build soft real time capabilities and insight into product metrics to help product managers and BI/Analytics understand and optimize product features and guide product decisions.
• Represent and communicate team capabilities and engineering priorities across the organization.
• Contribute to the codebase, architect and design new systems, and participate in code review.
• Manage data infrastructure, and strategic decisions, to grow and support the team as well as the organization as it relates to Data Platform.
• Experience managing or leading small to medium sized engineering teams in a dynamic environment
• Solid understanding of real time data processing with Kafka, Spark and Flink and batch data processing frameworks on EMR and Snowflake.
• Passion for building world-class data platforms that support a global customer base
• Assertive, take-charge, proven manager, team player with a strong results orientation, positive ''can do'' attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done
• Solid engineering background and understanding of programming languages such as Python, Java or equivalent
• 6+ years of progressive experience in data infrastructure development, with a track record of successful high quality deliveries
• Experience leading and managing technical teams in data and agile engineering best practices
• Proven execution skills and ability to successfully execute against strategy in cooperation with other functions
• Ability to apply both technical competence and interpersonal skills to achieve business outcomes
• High emotional intelligence, sound temperament and professional attitude
• Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
• Strong understanding of SQL, experience with key databases such as Snowflake, MS-SQL and Postgres
• Deep knowledge of the internals of how database systems work to design models for varied use cases.
• Proven track record facilitating and realizing product goals through effective communication across an organization.
• Experience with CI and CD in an AWS environment with Terraforms
• Experience with key Data technologies, such as Sqoop, Kafka
• Committed to security and exhibit in building secure data platforms
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• Very generous time-off policy
• Paid time off for approved volunteer events
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
• Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1xpv-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.