The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Job Title: Senior Director/ Assistant Vice President, Economist's Office
Department: Economist's Office
Location: New York, New York
Reports to: SVP & Chief Economist
Senior Director/ Assistant Vice President, Economist's Office for the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (''ASCAP'') will serve as a key member of our survey and distribution team. The Economist's Office provides ASCAP with in-house survey and statistical expertise, controlling the processing of the quarterly distribution calculations in conjunction with the Finance, Distribution and Global Services departments. Further, the Economist's Office reviews the quarterly distribution process to ensure compliance with our Survey & Distribution System: Rules & Policies.
Areas of Responsibility/ Accountability:
• Assist in preparation of annual ''frames'' detailing financial and other business characteristics of various groups of ASCAP licensees, which are fundamental to ASCAP's surveys of performances and distributions to members.
• Provide support in the selection of representative samples of performances for distribution surveys.
• Assist in creating and administering the various parameters and processes associated with the quarterly distribution.
• Provide support in modeling calculations of economic and statistical weights consistent with sample selection methodology.
• Assist in the calculation of quarterly statistical and economic factors that are critical input into determination of distributions to members.
• Coordinate with Independent Survey consultants regarding implementation of distribution surveys.
• Collaborate with Licensing, Distribution, and IT departments regarding implementation of distribution surveys.
• Analyze data to test the effectiveness of current survey and distribution rules & policies.
• Develop models to evaluate proposed changes to our current survey and distribution rules & policies.
• Coordinate with Finance department in the determination of net distributable revenue annually and quarterly.
• Assist in financial model development, analyzing performance and distribution information to support Membership and Licensing departments in responding to Member inquiries and in conducting license negotiations.
• Prepare documentation of historic and current survey and distribution activities.
• Exceptional ability to integrate business knowledge, interpersonal skills, financial/economic/statistical acumen, and communication skills to meet the goals of the Economist's Office and ASCAP.
• Expert ability in working with data analysis software such as Excel or other spreadsheet packages, as well as Access or other database packages.
• Strong knowledge of SQL query language a plus.
• Self-starter with a strong bias towards action and collaboration.
• A commitment to service quality with a ''best practices'' mentality.
• Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; able to effectively and persuasively present to key stakeholders.
• Ability to be flexible in an ever-changing business environment.
• Ability to work well with cross-functional, self-guided teams that span the organizational structure.
• Proficient in managing and delivering against several initiatives simultaneously and recognizing the interdependency among projects.
Knowledge & Experience:
• 5+ years experience in managing and developing data analysis and statistical models.
• PhD in Economics, Statistics, or Finance with statistical concentration.
• Technical expertise in statistical and data analysis.
• Extensive project management experience with large and complex statistical modeling and processes.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects on a simultaneous basis.
• Strong business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
• Background in media and entertainment industry is preferred.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state, and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz65x7-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.