The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 950,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, and represents some of the world's most talented music creators. Founded and governed by songwriters, composers and publishers, it is the only performing rights organization in the US that operates on a not-for-profit basis. ASCAP licenses a repertory of over 18 million musical works to hundreds of thousands of businesses that use music, including streaming services, cable television, radio and satellite radio and brick and mortar businesses such as retail stores, hotels, clubs, restaurants and bars. ASCAP collects the licensing fees; identifies, matches and processes trillions of performances every year; and returns nearly 90 cents of every dollar back to its members as royalties. The ASCAP blanket license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. ASCAP puts music creators first, advocating for their rights and the value of music on Capitol Hill, driving innovation that moves the industry forward, building community and providing the resources and support that creators need to succeed in their careers. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Job Title: Manager , General Licensing Operations
Department: General Licensing
Reports to: Senior Director, General Licensing Operations
Direct Reports: None
Job Overview: The Manager
of General Licensing Operations is responsible for organization wide process administration and projects. This role will support the Senior Director of General Licensing Operations to develop, plan and execute on high-impact and meaningful departmental initiatives.
Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
• Maintains, monitors, revises, and communicates organizational processes and workflows including, but not limited to, new and recurring license processes for all classes, billing, collections, customer service, variable pay and other requirements and expectations for interactions with partner groups.
• Builds and maintains all supporting materials for workflows and processes as needed.
• Partners with Business Systems, Global Technology Services, and Product to source, enable, evolve and implement system tools that enable efficient, transparent and data rich business practices.
• Supports the Senior Director to steward confidential projects including organizational design, variable pay policies, corporate initiatives, STIPs and Strategic Goals.
• Creates and stewards the project plan development, implementation, and results for organizational wide projects such as rewrites, change management exercises and onboarding tools.
• Provides ongoing training courses, materials and resources for department employees as required to support the development of new and recurring licensing agreements and/or changing business needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Seven (7) plus years of relevant work experience inside a results-oriented sales organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Experience interacting with senior-level management.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Willingness to travel quarterly for work.
• Experience in teaching and training in a corporate environment
• Experience in recruiting, interviewing, and assessing talent.
• Team leadership experience with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
• Ability to think analytically, take direction, provide insight, take initiative, and work independently and proactively.
• Proficiency with Salesforce CRM and MS Office
• Strong organizational, mathematical, and administrative skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks within a high-volume workload.
• Ability to learn and utilize new technology as it becomes available.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance/salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Occasional travel for in-person meetings may be required.
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 and will be determined on an individualized basis depending on several factors that are unique to each candidate including geographic location (due to differences in the cost of labor), skills, education and prior relevant experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15j2v-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.