The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Job Title: Junior/ Staff Accountant
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports to: Accounting Manager
As a Junior/ Staff Accountant, you'll be a critical team member of ASCAP's Accounting & Finance team, making sure that our hard-working songwriter and publisher members are correctly paid for public performances of their licensed works.
You'll have the opportunity to work on several different areas, including royalty operations, revenue accounting, and expense and balance sheet analysis.
Outside of the day-to-day work in Accounting & Finance, you'll also work with other ASCAP departments including Membership, Licensing, Global Services, Distribution, Human Resources, and others to work on cross-department projects as they come up.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Month-end and year-end financial report generation, review, and distribution
• Prepare and post journal entries
• Account reconciliation and analysis, including timely research and resolution of reconciling items
• Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files
• Preparation and support of annual financial statement audit process
• Preparation and support of various tax filings throughout the year
• Special projects and other duties as assigned, including ad hoc reporting and expense reports
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• CPA (or CPA eligible) a strong plus
• 1 - 5 years of experience in accounting (including internship/part time opportunities)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojzp2-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.