New York, NY
This position is responsible for the successful execution of ASCAP virtual, hybrid and live events including award shows, conferences, performance and panel events, receptions, and events to honor members. Working as an integral part of the Marketing Team, the Head of Events will serve as a steward of the ASCAP brand identity in the shaping of events, event marketing campaigns and partnerships that promote and protect ASCAP's brand values and business objectives. This person will be a dynamic, creative, and experienced events leader with strong industry contacts and a proven track record producing a wide spectrum of events.
Areas of Responsibility / Accountability:
• Collaborate with the Marketing, Membership and other departments to develop ASCAP's event strategy in support of its business goals, encompassing show concepts, objectives and delivery for a wide range of ASCAP events, internal and external, ranging from major awards shows and dinners to small receptions, and including virtual, hybrid and live events.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and designers in developing show and event concepts, from front of house experiences to stage set and design to all production elements.
• Create and manage event deliverables by engaging interdepartmental participation and external assistance to include staff, crew, vendors, members, artists, managers, board members and others as appropriate. Hire event personnel as needed.
• Collaborate with the membership and marketing teams to identify and secure talent.
• Oversee all talent coordination to include travel, schedules, performances and presentations.
• Organize and manage staffing and deliverables related to all event elements: repertoire, show rundowns, script, and outside vendors, including audio, video, lighting, staging, invitations, graphics, collaterals, awards, front-of-house, food and beverage, security etc.
• Security/risk management; in conjunction with security vendors, customize plans and procedures.
• Oversee site selection of venues and facilitate negotiation of associated agreements.
• Create and manage departmental and production/event budgets; review and approve all invoices prior to payment.
• Oversee management of on-site crews, recordings, content delivery, and sponsor/partnership presence, ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled.
• Develop production schedules and protocols while remaining as a point of contact for all aspects of the production.
• Assist the PR team as it relates to venue plots, talent availability and event schedules.
• Collaborate in determining strategic event partnerships and sponsorships.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional event management and marketing experience in highly visible entertainment/corporate environment.
• Proven experience producing virtual as well as hybrid and live events, such as conferences, panels, music shows, awards shows, etc.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience with creative event concepting to drive business goals.
• Excellent management skills and proven ability to establish production protocols.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail and clarity.
• Experience working with all types of production companies and personnel, graphic/set designers, and event vendors including venues, hotels, caterers, rental and production companies, security firms, labor unions, and municipalities with the ability to negotiate/coordinate all relevant contracts.
• Proven experience managing events budgets and accounting procedures while working responsibly with finance, reconciling in a timely manner. Familiarity with basic accounting, Excel spreadsheets, and general administration is necessary.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks relative to event production and logistics while maintaining flexibility due to the creative nature of the job and work environments.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Exhibit common sense, good judgment and dynamic decision-making skills.
• Available and willing to work extended/flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally; scheduling and attending meetings and teleconferences as required.
• Possess a deep knowledge of the music and entertainment industries and its varied constituents, along with basic familiarity of related copyright issues.
• Must be a dynamic leader who can inspire and gain consensus for innovative and creative ideas within approved budgets.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65jx9-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.
ASCAP is home to more than 790,000 music writer and publisher members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy, and service for music writers and publishers, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers, and music publishers.