The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants, and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 850,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Job Title: General Licensing Administrator
Department: General Licensing & Licensing Account Management
Location: ASCAP Office – Nashville, TN
Reports to: Manager of General Licensing Administration
The Licensing Administrator is a key role at ASCAP, supporting many aspects of the life cycle of an ASCAP license. The Licensing Administrator is an exciting role for someone who is process and detail-oriented, thrives in a high-volume work environment, and has a keen eye for identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Partner with the General Licensing team to support and efficient licensing process
• Review and process licensing agreements received to the General Licensing department, including managing incoming hard copy mail
• Create and update new account in billing systems
• Complete variable pay crediting information on accounts in accordance with various variable pay plans for the General Licensing team
• Notify the appropriate licensing personnel of any discrepancies regarding a new license or associated payment that was received to resolve the discrepancy
• Accurately enter data from customer account report forms as assigned
• Maintain account accuracy, update points of contact and address, and issue account credits/debits
• Open, process and distribute incoming correspondence as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Strong administrative skills, detail oriented and able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communications, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work well independently and collaborate as part of a team.
• Ability to take direction, provide insight, take initiative to find solutions/problem solve.
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Need to be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure.
• Must have strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy).
• Proficiency in Salesforce CRM ideal
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to learn and utilize new technology as it becomes available
• Experience in an administrative position.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32275-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.