SQL Database Administrator
Associate Director, R&S Urban (Atlanta)
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 800,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
As Associate Director for ASCAP's R & S/Urban team, you'll play a role in the discovery and development of songwriters and music publishers. You'll form and maintain relationships within all aspects of the music industry - including indie and major record labels, publishers, lawyers, managers, agents, and more.
This role will require strong social and organizational skills, as you will be responsible for the planning of industry events, public speaking, market research, and attendance of events at night - including occasional travel.
You will be expected to stay informed about the music industry at large and of ASCAP's market share.
• Discovery and development of songwriters and music publishers, including the targeting of songwriters to switch, which might positively affect ASCAP's market share
• Forming and maintaining relationships within all aspects of the music industry; including but not limited to indie and major record labels, publishers, lawyers, managers, agents, and more
• Plan and attend industry events, which will occasionally require overnight travel
• Market research
• Other duties as assigned
• Very strong attention to detail, with diligent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with members and other industry professionals, either on the phone or in person
• Ability to stay informed about the music industry at large, including ASCAP's market share
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo6z2-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
ASCAP is home to more than 790,000 music writer and publisher members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy, and service for music writers and publishers, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers, and music publishers.