The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 950,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, and represents some of the world's most talented music creators. Founded and governed by songwriters, composers and publishers, it is the only performing rights organization in the US that operates on a not-for-profit basis. ASCAP licenses a repertory of over 18 million musical works to hundreds of thousands of businesses that use music, including streaming services, cable television, radio and satellite radio and brick and mortar businesses such as retail stores, hotels, clubs, restaurants and bars. ASCAP collects the licensing fees; identifies, matches and processes trillions of performances every year; and returns nearly 90 cents of every dollar back to its members as royalties. The ASCAP blanket license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. ASCAP puts music creators first, advocating for their rights and the value of music on Capitol Hill, driving innovation that moves the industry forward, building community and providing the resources and support that creators need to succeed in their careers. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Position: Associate Director, Product Operations
Department: Strategy/Development & Digital
Reports to: VP, Digital Products
The Associate Director, Product Operations will be responsible for all day-to-day operations that enable a broad range of digital tools and experiences for ASCAP Members. Key activities will include content/publishing operations, and operation of administrative tools. The position will collaborate across ASCAP teams, including Product, Technology, Global Services and Marketing to ensure that all product operations are in sync with broader organizational objectives and processes, while fostering an exchange of ideas and building consensus regarding overall digital experience strategy. The role is expected to support strategic decisions, informing the product roadmap using key insights obtained through analytics and overall member feedback. Solid presentation skills and the ability to convey information in a meaningful and compelling way across all levels within the organization is required. Strong product development expertise, experience with content publishing, and digital innovation and industry knowledge are core requirements for this position.
• Lead digital content operations and publishing, partnering with Marketing team on content strategy, production, and communications messaging.
• Operate administrative tools (as needed)
• Track and report on pertinent analytics data
• Community moderation
• Regular reporting on key analytics and data to the Product Team, Cross-Team & Senior Leadership relating to KPIs, and new areas of opportunity, which will serve to drive the overall strategic vision for ASCAP digital experiences.
• Identifying product enhancement opportunities
• Cross platform experience, including mobile is desirable.
• Extensive eight to ten (8 -10) years' experience in content strategy, content operations & publishing experience is required.
• Proven record of creativity and innovation, launching successfully disruptive and impactful products
• Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills (engineering, marketing, product)
• Experience working in an Agile and Scrum development environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with community moderation is required.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance/salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Occasional travel for in-person meetings may be required.
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $115,000.00 to $125,000.00 and will be determined on an individualized basis depending on several factors that are unique to each candidate including geographic location (due to differences in the cost of labor), skills, education and prior relevant experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2qmy-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.