What We Are Looking For
APA is seeking a Helpdesk Support Specialist to join our team. This person will report to the Director of Information Technology and serve as the primary point of contact for all service desk related tickets, calls, and walk-ups. This role will support the IT department with user-end related tasks by identifying problems, creating solutions, maintaining documentation, and resolving or escalating non-routine technical issues. The ideal candidate is resourceful, adaptable, solutions-oriented, and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Provide effective direct technical support to end-users via calls to the helpdesk and service desk tickets.
• Maintain working end user systems through updates, remote desktop, or walk-ups.
• Assist staff with hardware and basic software usage.
• Deliver excellent customer service to all end-users with ownership and follow through.
• Provide occasional offsite support during our temporary remote period. Eventually, this will be an onsite position.
• Create and maintain documentation of ticket resolution.
• Collaborate with the IT team on projects as needed.
• Perform other duties as directed by management.
Skills And Qualifications
• 3+ years of desktop support experience.
• Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, MacOS and Windows.
• Experience with the following applications is a plus: Active Directory, Service Desk, Remote Desktop, Google Workspace and Office 365, CarbonBlack, .
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, urgency, efficiency, and strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects.
• Keen understanding of process and ownership.
• Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to be adaptable, resourceful, and collaborative in a fast-paced work environment.
• Great organization, time management, and skills.
• Efficient troubleshooting abilities.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and have reliable transportation.
• Availability to work on weekends as needed.
• Must have unrestricted access to work in the U.S
Education And Experience
3 + years of relevant experience working in a desktop support environment.
APA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z49v-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.