The Systems Engineer, a hands-on IT technician, is responsible for advanced helpdesk support in a primarily Apple environment on a wired and wireless network which includes on-premises servers and cloud systems. In addition, the Engineer assists the Technical Manager in managing AFI systems and infrastructure.
- Participate in the design, management, and documentation of networking, systems, and campus-wide technical initiatives.
- Operate as the primary contact for handling advanced help desk support issues.
- Efficiently manage, inventory, and configure Macs using JAMF Pro.
- Administer on-premises and cloud-based Microsoft AD/Azure/Office 365.
- Recommend systems, processes and procedures to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery; maintain a thorough understanding of all organizational standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assist the user community with IT best practices.
- Perform after-hours on-call support as needed to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Assist with IT related invoice/document preparation and processing as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of hands-on IT helpdesk and infrastructure experience covering multiple platforms, including at a minimum macOS and Microsoft Windows.
- Must possess strong experience in configuration of Cisco and/or Extreme Networks switches and network operating systems, or hold a CCNA certification, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Direct knowledge of and experience with macOS and Microsoft Windows applications and operating systems; and configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing software and hardware.
- Experience with cloud services, specifically Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong knowledge of the MDM software, JAMF Pro.
- Successful track record in project-based work, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing demands based on needs assessment.
- Ability to build service relationships with internal constituents; develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments across the organization to ensure the IT department is well received and consistently represents professional standards and deliverables.
- A champion for exceptional customer service to provide solutions to technological and operational issues and concerns for the enterprise; demonstrated ability to provide end-users with best-in-class service and timely creative solutions.
- Strong time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision while also contributing to a high functioning team.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented withthe ability to take initiative on handling issues and assignments and competently communicate results and next steps.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Systems Engineer performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Resource Officer while taking day-to-day direction from the Technical Manager, IT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71758-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.