Los Angeles, CA
The Systems Administrator, a hands-on role, is responsible for assisting the Technical Manager, IT in managing systems and infrastructure, and assisting with advanced helpdesk support issues in a primarily Apple environment on a wired and wireless network which includes on-premises servers and cloud systems.
• Participate in the design, management, and documentation of networking, systems, and campuswide technical initiatives which may affect multiple (or all) departments.
• Collaborate in handling advanced help desk support issues.
• Use JAMF Pro to efficiently manage, inventory, and configure Apple Macs.
• Administer Microsoft Office 365 and other cloud services.
• Build service relationships with internal constituents; develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments across the organization, ensuring the IT department is well received and consistently represents professional standards and deliverables.
• Help recommend systems, processes and procedures to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery; maintain a thorough understanding of all organizational standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Assist the user community with IT best practices.
• Perform after-hours on-call support as needed to ensure 24/7 coverage.
• Assist with IT-related documentation/document preparation and processing as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of three to five years of hands-on IT helpdesk and/or infrastructure experience covering multiple platforms, including at least macOS and Microsoft Windows.
• Must have some experience in configuring switches and network operating systems.
• Some familiarity with terminals, shells, and command-line tools is required.
• Must have experience with the MDM software, Jamf Pro (formerly Casper).
• Direct knowledge of and experience with macOS and Microsoft Windows applications and operating systems; and configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing software and hardware.
• Experience with cloud services, specifically Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, is a plus.
• Successful track record in project-based work, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing demands based on needs assessment.
• A champion for exceptional customer service to provide solutions to technological and operational issues and concerns for the enterprise; demonstrated ability to provide end-users with best-in-class service and timely creative solutions.
•Strong time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision while also contributing to a high functioning team.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented withthe ability to take initiative on handling issues and assignments and competently communicate results and next steps.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills.
•Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
•Ability to work calmly under pressure.
•Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Systems Administratorperforms all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and
supervision of theChief Resource Officer and works closely with the AFI IT Technical Manager.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55moe-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.