Manager - Digital Production
Los Angeles, CA
The Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support services for the Chief Communications Officer and the Marcom team. This includes, but is not limited to, matters pertaining to (1) basic project management; (2) meeting scheduling, (3) expense tracking; (4) document and report generation; and (5) information tracking and reporting.
· Provide all core administrative functions to the Chief Communications Officer, including answering incoming calls and calendar management.
· Act as a primary liaison for marketing and communications-related questions/deliverables internally and externally.
· Manage general information voicemail and e-mail inboxes.
· Primary architect of the project management ecosystem for the department. This includes drafting project briefs, tracking new approved materials and managing deadlines for various deliverables.
· Coordinate with the Finance department on the invoice and purchase order process for payment of Marcom expenditures.
· Track and reconcile individual expense reports for department members.
· Maintain working knowledge of all Marcom department budget codes from Finance department.
· Liaise between Marcom and the other departments to schedule meetings and update campaigns using project management tools.
· Serve as primary contact for our Cision media monitoring account and create bespoke reports and dashboards on projects as directed.
· Assist in preparation of web and social media analytics for the department.
· Generate weekly breaks memo to be distributed organization-wide and archive them within the AFI intranet.
· Conduct research to analyze market trends, marketing training seminars, competitive landscape as well as research specific AFI campaigns and projects.
· Provide logistical support as needed.
· Traffic creative deliverables to meet deadlines.
· Manage and distribute standard language for the organization.
· Track and review assets required for on-going programs including AFI Movie Club, AFI Conservatory seminars & In Focus videos.
· Assist in tracking content for monthly newsletters, working closely with Senior Editorial Associate and the Written Communications Manager.
· Maintain department filing system, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and organization.
· Order all Marcom department supplies.
· Compile information and generate reports as requested.
· Performs other duties and assignments as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum two to three years strong administrative experience supporting a busy, multi-person department.
• Demonstrated experience exercising independent judgement and action when dealing with co-workers, management, vendors, and external contacts on a variety of matters, and must have the ability to maintain a high level of organization in the performance of all duties.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills while functioning as an integral member of a fast-paced, high-functioning, results oriented team; ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience with media monitoring services, such as Cision.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Microsoft Planner; Adobe Acrobat; Zendesk or a comparable project management software; comfortable working in a macOS-based (Apple) environment.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• A love of movies is a plus.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Communications Officer.
AFI requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, subject to limited, legally required exceptions. Proof of vaccination, or documentation supporting an exception to this policy, will be required prior to employment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw93zy-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.