Amazon Studios is the home for talent, creating and producing original films and television series for a global audience. Original series premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, which is available in over 200 countries and territories. Our teams are responsible for introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, One Night in Miami, Coming 2 America and more.
We are seeking an experienced Network Transport Engineer to join our Media Engineering and Innovation, Studios Technology team in Culver, CA. The Media Engineering and Innovation team focuses on building post-production environments, technology tools and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize audio and video workflows throughout the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
In this role you will work in a cross functional, interdependent team supporting other systems and software engineering teams and partner with stakeholders to define, build, implement and maintain business critical infrastructure for Studios teams globally. You will be responsible for creating the supporting transport infrastructure for video and audio signals conveyance and the future roadmap of these platforms.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture push innovation. You will also be supported by a talented team of peers that work each day to positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact. We are seeking contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to create enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our Studios business and innovate the entertainment industry.
• Be the lead subject matter expert on advanced, high resolution video transport systems including system development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing guidance to project teams.
• Work as a senior technical contributor to video transport architecture, development and infrastructure
• Lead technical and design discussions with internal teams to help speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Working closely with internal customers and partners to drive technology roadmaps and invent new bleeding edge network solutions
• Work with external vendors, telecoms, partners and industry standards groups and drive new networking solutions that meet the growing needs of Amazon Studios.
• Evangelize next generation signals transport mechanisms to production and post production teams
• 5+ years of technical engineering experience
• BS degree or equivalent experience; IT, Networking or Electrical Engineering background preferred
• Demonstrated ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to solve abstract technical problems
• In-depth knowledge of video and audio transport standards such as: SMPTE 2110, NDI, SRT, Dante, AES67
• Extensive experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Media networks, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, video and audio systems, control systems etc
• Extensive experience with software defined networking, cloud networking and network security
• Experience in defining and implementing automation opportunities within an operational environment
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS, Evertz, Grass Valley, Elemental, Tek, Rohde and Schwarz
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT and broadcast video projects.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22617-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.