As a VFX Coordinator on our INDIA team, you will be partnering with the INDIA VFX Executive to advise on and understand the complexities that come with supporting projects from pitch to play. We are looking for someone who has enough experience and intuition to see a show as a whole and help to set it up for success, and can anticipate how and when to engage actively to keep it on the rails. Your proactive approach will allow you to play a central role in understanding our cross-functional partners from across the studio and know when to engage. You will be a sounding board as a partner to the INDIA VFX Executive, and provide organizational support on vendor management, budgets, and other administrative duties to keep our shows on track.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage daily, weekly, monthly schedules working with INDIA VFX Executive reporting to Global Head of Visual Effects
• Assist in the breakdown of scripted materials to determine scope of visual effects
• Assist in the preparation of bid packages for vendor partners as well as general coordination of the bidding process: Creation of Aspera accounts, gathering of all project materials, bid template prep for vendor partners, creation of bid briefs, and other bidding documents as needed
• Assist in gathering availability information for VFX show side keys (Freelance VFX Supervisors/VFX Producers)
• Prepare agendas and presentations for management meetings; coordinate meeting summaries; ensure distribution to appropriate executives; monitor and/or follow up on items
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
• Compile, distribute, and store production documents (e.g., contracts, call sheets, calendars, vendor lists, reports and schedules) on the studio network
• Track and process approvals and production payments with BA, Legal, and Finance
• Maintain a checklist for each show to ensure major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick-off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
• Facilitate communication with the show level and studio departments (e.g. casting, business affairs, legal, finance, PR/marketing, etc.)
• Coordinate kick-off calls with development for each individual project
• Update and distribute studio contact lists and ensure that they are managed per studio requirements.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, studio and show level counterparts
• Track show wrap-out memos and storage facilities for asset transfer and disposal as needed
• Assist and facilitate general requests and communication to ensure shows are following studio guidelines and procedures.
• 5+ years of VFX experience within a medium to high budget studio, vendor, or production.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).Strong organizational skills with a proactive, detail-oriented mentality and a strong problem solver.
• Team-player who operates efficiently in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• A love of data and efficiency through using technology to solve problems. Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, FileMaker, PIX, RV, Tableau, and newer platforms such as Google Suite, Cinesync, and Moxion is a big plus.
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats; and a technical understanding of the visual effects process.
• Working knowledge of outside VFX and Virtual Production facilities and freelance talent.
• Flexible to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Passionate about Amazons Culture and Leadership Principles in the workplace.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwek42-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.