Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; Amazon Original hit series made in Germany like BEAT, Bibi & Tina, Deutschland89, Inside Borussia Dortmund, Pastewka, You Are Wanted, the drama series Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo and the comedy show LOL: Last One Laughing; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and I Am Your Woman, plus live concerts and live sports including UEFA Champions League football.
We are currently seeking an experienced Creative Development Executive to support the creative demands of unscripted series. You will leverage your experience as a seller (producer) or buyer/commissioner (network) in both development and current along with a deep knowledge the creative and business issues in helping bringing programs from idea to launch. You will support the selection, development, and production of projects as well as building relationships. You will attend pitches and, where applicable, reviews material to have informed and productive meetings.
Oversee assigned shows and 1) development including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties and 2) current and production matters including staffing of showrunners, directors, field producers and editor, and be available to travel to domestic and international locations for preproduction, production and post-production, seeing projects through from idea to delivery.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage relationships with talent and key partners.
• Exercise creative and business judgement to make recommendations to senior ledership, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
• Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
• Understands production, and able to participate in all aspects of pre, production, and post helping to solve from budget and casting to production issues in the field from to final delivery.
• Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
• Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Multiple years as a Creative Executive in a proven production company or network with previous Development and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of Unscripted Television (documentary, competition, talk, etc)
• Knowledge of industry talent and trends
• Experience Producing
• Broad network of writers, producers and artists
• Experience with online series development and current production
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9k3k-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.