Senior Creative Producer
London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Executive for our Unscripted Originals team in the UK. In this position you will oversee the sourcing, development and execution of original unscripted productions, reporting into the Head of UK Originals. You will leverage your experience as a producer and/or commissioner in both development and production, along with a deep knowledge of the creative and business issues involved in bringing new projects from idea to launch.
You will attend pitches and review material to deliver informed and productive feedback. You will be joining a dynamic, creative and fast-paced team, bringing an in-depth knowledge of the unscripted TV landscape to support multiple projects in development and production, as well as a high volume of submissions.
• Work with the Head of Originals, UK, to oversee the development and production of UK Unscripted Originals.
• Act as a primary point of contact and support for the UK creative community (production companies, talent etc.).
• Cultivate new creative relationships in the UK unscripted marketplace as a representative of Amazon Studios.
• Solicit and assess proposals and pitches, making recommendations on submissions to enter into development and providing feedback.
• Collaborate with Production, Legal and Business Affairs to secure production and talent for original programming.
• Play a key role in ensuring the UK Originals team execute the Studio's vision and goals for the UK.
• Manage production of new programmes from inception to launch, interacting with key stakeholders internally and externally during the process.
• Attend weekly business, development and production meetings as required.
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Experience working as a producer, creative executive, or a similar role
• Experienced producer and/or developer and/or commissioner of innovative unscripted programming.
• In-depth understanding of the UK unscripted marketplace, creative trends and the television landscape
• Broad network of creators, including on and off-screen talent
• Experience collaborating with high-level on and off-screen talent
• Passion for 'thinking big', and creating innovative, diverse programming
• Extensive experience across several areas of unscripted production/development/commissioning. These might include documentary, entertainment, fact-ent, specialist factual, events and/or formats
• Familiarity with SVOD or OTT video services
• Excellent communication and writing skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k2mx-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.