Head Of Local Movie Originals, Spanish Speaking
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of entertainment with us.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment, guided by our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, produces original series and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon's Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV, changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios and the IMDb TV Content & Programming team is seeking a dynamic, experienced unscripted executive to further our ambitions in the AVOD space and with original programming, in general. Reporting to the Sr. Unscripted Executive, the ideal candidate is both a strong creative and invested leader with the proven ability to work collaboratively within specific genres, solving day to day creative problems as well as supporting bigger strategic and production conversations. The successful candidate will be a proven leader who thrives under pressure, and is excited by the challenge of raising the bar for our customers, helping driving growth, engagement and awareness of IMDb TV.
As collaboration is key, IMDb TV's Unscripted executive should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. The candidate must be a big thinker, with the confidence to both defend opinions and collaborate in a highly pressured environment, with the ability to problem solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
• Seek out and assess proposals, presentations, decks, scripts, and pitches
• Identify IP and relevant source material
• Proactively source and develop concepts and formats
• Attend pitches and general meetings.
• Work directly and productively with creators, producers, and talent
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers and network partners.
• Liaise with other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, PR, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Demonstrate creative and business acumen that has been tested across a variety of creative and business contexts.
• Become a strategic partner to other internal teams, specifically IMDb TV Licensing, Business, Marketing and Prime Video, in supporting the Originals team to operate and deliver against goals.
• Stay ahead of competitive trends and find new ways of generating bar raising content initiatives, driving IMDb TV growth and awareness.
• Build relationships across departments with key stakeholders to instigate efficient work flows and influential discussions.
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• 5+ years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 5+ years of series development experience
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree or applicable industry experience in lieu of degree
• A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth within a world class content company
• Extensive working knowledge of the US media landscape
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to operate in a highly competitive environment
• Creative thinker with a passion for film, television, art and music
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Excellent story skills.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Extensive experience managing television development and production
• A track record of increasing and sustaining viewership within the linear and/or AVOD landscape
• Experience at setting and delivering against departmental strategy and goals
• Familiarity with AVOD, SVOD or OTT video services
• Familiarity with the global media landscape
• Proficiency in more than one language
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.