Head, New Series, IMDB TV
Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Come build the future of digital video entertainment with us.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, launched in 2010 as a new way to develop and produce feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios' Original content for Prime Video is available to global Prime members, bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, El Corazon de Sergio Ramos, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing, and The Savage x Fenty Show.
In 2020, Amazon Studios' assumed creative leadership of IMDb TV - both for licensed content and its push into Originals. The Amazon Studios-based IMDb TV Content & Programming team is building on the service's early success, buying and making content for IMDb TV, pioneering new programs for customers, and delivering a premium AVOD experience that helps define the future of streaming.
The IMDb TV Content & Programming team is seeking a dynamic, experienced Senior Scripted Creative Executive to further our ambitions in the AVOD space and with premium original programming. Reporting to the Co-heads of Content & Programming, the successful candidate will be a proven leader who thrives under pressure, and is excited by the challenge of raising the bar for our customers, helping drive growth, engagement and awareness of IMDb TV. As collaboration is key, IMDb TV 's executives should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. The candidate must be a big thinker, with the confidence to both defend opinions and collaborate in a highly pressured environment, with the ability to problem solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
As Senior Scripted Creative Executive, you will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing growth of IMDb TV's Original slate of comedy and drama series, working hand in hand with the Co-Heads of IMDb TV Content and Programming, other Sr. Creative executives, and the entire scripted and unscripted teams. The ideal candidate is both a strong creative and invested leader with the proven ability to work collaboratively within specific genres, solving day-to-day creative problems as well as supporting bigger strategic and production conversations.
The successful candidate can demonstrate creative and business acumen that has been tested across a variety of creative and business contexts. They will have an entrepreneurial spirit, with extensive experience in building, inspiring and helping to manage a fast-paced content team across development, production and series maintenance, creating a culture of innovation and thinking big. They will become a strategic partner to other internal teams in supporting the Originals team to operate and deliver against goals. They will be quick-minded and have the ability to pivot when required. They need to be able to stay ahead of competitive trends and find new ways of generating bar raising content initiatives, which drives IMDb TV growth and awareness.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of building productive external relationships with writers, creators, agents and producers as well as representing series internally with key stakeholders to instigate efficient work flows and influential discussions. As collaboration is key, the ideal candidate should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. They must respond to big ideas and have the confidence to both defend opinions and collaborate in a highly pressured environment, with the ability to problems solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
The successful candidate will be able to drive bold programming initiatives, ensure customer insights are folded into how we develop and program series, and be passionate about television, programming, and entertainment.
• Seek out and assess proposals, presentations, decks, scripts, and pitches
• Identify IP and relevant source material
• Proactively source and develop concepts and formats
• Attend pitches and general meetings.
• Work directly and productively with creators, producers, and talent
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers and network partners.
• Liaise with and become a strategic partner to other C&P and Amazon-internal departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, Strategy, PR, Research, Business, Licensing, Business Affairs and Legal Affairs.
• Demonstrate creative and business acumen that has been tested across a variety of creative and business contexts..
• Stay ahead of competitive trends and find new ways of generating bar raising content initiatives, driving IMDb TV growth and awareness.
The Content & Programming team is just getting started, changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. It is still very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building amazing customer experiences from the ground up. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
• 7+ years of experience as an executive producer or line producer at a film/tv studio or production company
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 7+ years of development experience
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree or applicable industry experience in lieu of degree
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth within a world class content company
• Extensive working knowledge of the US media landscape
• Proven ability to operate in a highly competitive environment
• Creative thinker with a passion for film, television, art, books and music
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Excellent story skills.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Extensive experience managing development and production
• A track record of increasing and sustaining viewership within the linear and/or AVOD landscape
• Experience at setting and delivering against departmental strategy and goals
• Familiarity with AVOD, SVOD or OTT video services
• Familiarity with the global media landscape
• Proficiency in more than one language
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88v3m-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.