Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering
Culver City, CA
The Production Technology Manager is responsible for supervising all production technology programs covering Amazon Studios productions under the direct supervision of the Head of Production Technology. This will include supporting the broader Production teams assessing the security requirements of each Tier 1 production during the preparation stages and being directly involved in implementing those plans throughout the shoot and post production periods. In this role you will support production technology infrastructure and network solutions that adhere to Content Security procedures and policies. On a day to day basis, the Production Technology Manager will work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on technology matters for all cast and crew in the studio and on location.
You will be responsible to manage a team that will design, build, and scale a globally available service built on AWS that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success. As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• Build, test, and operate all network systems required to support the productions that are part of Amazon Studios.
• Experience in Networking/IT/Technical film industry
• Experience in working with Cisco or Arista switches and firewalls
• Experience working with Quantum, EMC, or other enterprise storage solutions
• Experience in Aspera and Signiant file transfer technologies
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing technical guidance and security best practices for both on-premise and cloud-based networks
• Provide technical solutions to meet the needs of productions with an emphasis around automation, simplicity, and secure network architecture.
• Design/Deploy/Support and troubleshoot network platforms for production and post production locations
• Assist with design & implementation of 10/40/100Gbe Networks, WAN Optimization, Accelerated Internet Delivery, Compression, Real-time Video Streaming, Transcoding workflows
• Knowledge of studio IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
• Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, dubbing, editing, encoding, localization, VFX, etc)
• Analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
• Negotiation skills
• Prior experience in the film/entertainment industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.