We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Drama Executive to join our US Originals Series team. You must have already mastered strong creative abilities and vocabulary, and be able to have productive, effective conversations with creators and showrunners. You should have excellent writing skills that will be necessary in conveying notes to writers, as well as, internal correspondence and projects. Candidate should be thoughtful, but proactive in every way possible. You should have a deep bench of relationships with writers and directors. They will need strong relationships within the industry .You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and collaborative team environment.
• Oversee on-going shows from start to finish and ensure excellent content that will delight customers on an on-going basis.
• Reinvent and reboot new seasons of shows in surprising ways
• Give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts.
• Recruit new creative talent that is exciting, surprising, inclusive and diverse
• Work with writers to shape successful multi-seasons of a show
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Collaborate with internal teams (BA, Production, Marketing) at a high level to support and execute strategy and to make sure the needs on the shows are being met
• Contribute original, innovative ideas
• Oversees every aspect of assigned series. This includes the reading and evaluation of weekly material regarding concept, character development, character definition, story structure, humor and dialogue.
• Acting liaison between internal departments, studio and network executives, and showrunners to ensure show maintenance and quality control.
• Evaluates daily script revisions and dailies of drama series.
• Attends and evaluates table reads, run-thus and tapings of comedy series.
• Discuss and consider agency submissions for comedy and/or drama writing staffs, as well as episodic directors
• Book episodic directors.
• Check and approve on-air credits and character payments.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and generate weekly status reports, keeping management updated and informed of all show related matters.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 9+ years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• 10+ years of successful series development and/or current programming experience in TV
• Experience working at a premium television network
• Graduate degree in film, law or business
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Excellent story skills.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwxq2n-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.