Production Executive, Unscripted
Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced development and programming executive to develop and oversee drama series (non-genre). The ideal candidate has extensive experience in both development and production, and the ability to identify strong material and talent and give creative guidance and feedback to top level writers and directors on outlines, scripts, and cuts. Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of top tier film and premium television talent and must have strong industry relationships. Candidate should be self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills are a must.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Recruit new creative talent.
• Work with writers to develop story and scripts.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as primary liaison between the scripted department and all other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, Press, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• 7+ years of series development experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's degree
• 7-10 + years of drama series development experience
• Experience working at a premium television network
• An interest in the future of communications networks
• Graduate degree in film, law or business
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.