Sr. Development and Programming Executive - Drama, Prime Video Drama Development
Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios seeks a Senior Creative Executive, First Look & Overall Deals. You have a track record of successful television development and proven industry relationships. You have the ability to identify exceptional material and give creative guidance and feedback to top level talent on concepts, IP, pitches and scripts. You are a strategic and innovative thinker. Comprehensive knowledge of and experience working with top-tier film and premium television talent, as well as talent from a variety of artistic mediums, required. You will be joining a self-motivated, passionate and highly collaborative team environment.
Key job responsibilities
-Partner with a cross section of our premium global talent deals (writers, directors, actors and producers) to architect their slates of content
-Identify, shape, package, set up and develop projects
-Recruit top-tier new talent
-Serve as internal and external primary contact for deals
-Collaborate across Amazon's Global Media Entertainment businesses
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• 9+ years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• 12+ years of development experience, weighted in premium television
• Expertise in various creative genres
• Strong creative problem solving and coaching skills
• Excellent story skills
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Savviness across cultural disciplines such as literature, journalism, music, digital and current events
• Adaptive to the bespoke process of various creators
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98vjm-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.