Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios which is the original film, television, development and production arm of Amazon.com and is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to support the Studios Production Finance Team. This position will work with the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing studios production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of special projects and help the team toward optimizing operational functions.
This position will work closely with both the Development and Production Finance Teams throughout the life cycle of a production. The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize. The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously but also cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel directly when needed.
• Collaborate with the Production Finance Teams across all genres to generate monthly and quarterly status reports.
• Work with Production Finance Leads to create and implement project specific dashboards.
• Manage special projects with internal and external studios business partners to utilize production accounting data for analysis.
• Collaborate with Production Finance Executives to streamline workflows including but not limited to: Funding payment processes, Production incentive workflows, and Month end reporting
This position is located in Culver City, California.
• 5+ years of experience in entertainment finance.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions.
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.