Software Development Engineer, Studios Applications
Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios creates bold and innovative original series and movies from top tier and up-and-coming creators for customers all over the world in over 200 countries.
The Studios Applications program focuses on creating apps and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize business processes and information workflows for the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
We are seeking talented contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment creating enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our business.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact.
• Lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to manage business processes through technology tools.
• Own the development and sustainment of applications and tech infrastructure.
• Drive process and quality of service improvements.
• Project management oversight for software development to ensure high-quality and timely delivery.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Amazon Studios business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and internal customer focus.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Strong organization skills.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.