Technology Operations & Support Engineer
Culver City, CA
Come join a creative team dedicated to change the way movies are made!
The Amazon Studios Production Technology team is looking for a Software Development Manager that is passionate about building distributed systems, building media software, cloud rendering, and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. Amazon Studios has a fast-paced environment where we ''Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.'' On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to enable film and show production in the cloud.
You will be responsible to manage a team of SDEs that will design, build, and scale a globally available service built on AWS that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success. As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Go, C, C++, Python, or Java.
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Experience serving as technical manager throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Able to run Scrums and manage engineers creating reliable/maintainable code, finding creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Experience driving the technical design and implementation of large-scale, multi-tiered software applications using service-oriented architectures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment Industry, building editorial/VFX pipeline tools, render farms, or cloud tools.
• Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement.
• Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2) with high scale data stores and caching strategies.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.).
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's functional and technical depth and complexity for this role