Full Time Job
Snr. Technical Program Manager
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Amazon Studios Technology Strategy & PMO is seeking a technical program manager to help implement the long-term strategy for Studios Technology. S/he will work with cross-functional teams from design to delivery, managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks, and change control. Cross-team coordination and program management skills are essential.
• Challenges the status quo, asks appropriate questions to determine root cause of issues, and negotiates solutions, timelines, and mitigation plans
• Collaborates with stakeholder teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for projects and initiatives
• Develops and reports on projects, metrics, and KPIs
• Anticipates bottlenecks, manages risks, issues and escalations; creates mitigation plans; and balances business needs with technical constraints
• Scopes and manages the delivery of projects end-to-end
• Collects business and system requirements
• Coordinates design/implementation efforts between internal teams and partners to develop optimal solutions
• Makes appropriate trade-offs to optimize release schedules, clearly communicates goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional, local, and remote project teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• +8 years of experience with managing strategic projects with both domestic and international teams
• Experience working with product-focused Research and Development teams with experience in driving innovation and development life cycle
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
• Aptitude in professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time. For further options for individuals with disabilities, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8z8p-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.