Production Technology Manager
Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios is building a transformative Media Engineering and Innovation team. With an artist first approach this team designs, builds and supports the Studios creative-technical post production spaces and systems. As a member of the Media Engineering and Innovation team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineering and technical leader. You will play a key role in building audio, video and control systems and platforms. This team collaborates with teams at the Studio and across Amazon. Your responsibilities will include application development, industry standards bodies participation and technical standards development and writing. This team supports the systems it builds.
• Master or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related fields with specialty in multimedia areas
• Expertise and experience of audio, image & video processing, color science and compression algorithms and standards, VFX pipelines, and media transformation.
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Fundamentals in algorithm designs (specialized in multimedia areas), problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of designing and developing robust and scalable software and services in multimedia areas
• Expertise and experience with media containers, packaging and video transport structures (such as IMF, MXF, QuickTime, SMPTE ST2110, NDI, RTP)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with algorithm development for image, color and temporal domain transformation processing
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.