Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, and Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; MGM films including the James Bond, Rocky, and Creed franchises; and Live Sports such as NFL's Thursday Night Football.
We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take Prime Video to new heights.
The Content Strategy team is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager to join our Los Angeles-based group. This team is responsible for guiding Prime Video's content selection plans, including guiding capital allocation decisions across the portfolio. The Content Strategy team works closely with senior leaders across creative development, content acquisition, finance, business affairs, marketing and production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization. The Senior Strategy role will be an essential member of the team, with broad analytical and strategic responsibilities to maximize Prime Video performance, and deliver beloved content for our customers, globally.
Key job responsibilities
- Formulate top-down content strategy recommendations, including how we should size and allocate our content budget across Originals, TV vs Film, licensed/acquired content, and Live Sports
- Identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our customers, globally
- Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
- Forecast content performance, track performance and financial progress, and inform go-forward strategies to improve our outlook
- Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
- Assess 'Think Big' opportunities to enhance our content portfolio, such as M&A or investing in new content verticals
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 4 year degree in a relevant field
- 6+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, and/or strategy/business development at a major media or technology company
- Experience using complex modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions. Candidates must be highly proficient in excel
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
- Knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry, in particular subscription video on demand content
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $101,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $177,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14znx-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.